Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as paper Search. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a seller / buyer or affiliate account or any other service that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password).
- Log information - When you access our site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Communications - When you send email or other communications to ARC, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of ARC or our users; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
ARC processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
We ask for some personal information when you sign up for a particular service that requires registration. In addition to publishing your content, you may also provide additional profile information, such as a photo, location, academic background etc. and can edit your profile at any time on edit profile page. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case we may not be able to provide those services to you.
ARC only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of ARC in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.